Generating renewable energy according to the X-Wind Principle
The company X-Wind UG develops and builds wind energy systems, using a ground breaking and patented principle (the X-Wind Principle) for the generation of energy. The X-Wind Principle captures and utilizes wind energy in a uniquely efficient manner.
Some quick facts:
- Wind › ENERGY OUTPUT ‹ is cubed with an increase in speed or, simply said, doubling the speed leads to an eight-fold increase in output.
- Wind › SPEED ‹ accelerates with increased altitude (this is why conventional constructions are as tall as possible and situated on elevated land wherever possible).
- Increased altitude leads to increased wind › CONSISTENCY ‹ (a measured wind speed of 5m/s or 18km/h at an altitude of 10m occurs with approximately 35% consistency whereas a 500m altitude yields 70% consistency throughout the year).
- 70% of the energy produced by a › CONVENTIONAL WIND ENERGY SYSTEM ‹ is generated by only 30% of the rotor blade length. X-Wind exploits this effect meticulously. Our kites reach › PRIME ENERGY ‹ altitudes and virtually tap only this band of wind energy directly and with considerably less effort. We do not require hundreds of tons of building material for huge towers and elongated rotors because the energy is generated on the ground.
The patented X-Wind energy systems utilize these basic facts in the almost simplest manner .
Those of us who have flown kites during childhood will remember the following experiences:
- The faster the kite, the stronger the pull.
- The higher the kite, the stronger the pull.
- The kite continually came down in weak wind conditions and did not remain in the air unless I ran with it some paces to make it rise to an adequate height.
These experiences are consistent with scientific fact and the laws of physics which X-Wind (spoken: Cross Wind) strives to exploit so effectively.
Lets raise some kites!
Thus we can tap stronger and more consistent wind currents at 500m altitude without encountering safety problems.
But how is energy actually created?
There are several means to extract energy from the system. Here too X-Wind has selected proven technology of cable car systems: the grounded vehicles are connected via a steel cable laid vertically/perpendicularly to the rolling stock. As with a cable car and chair lift system, energy is transmitted through the rolling stock to bring the system in motion. In the opposite manner the energy generated from the kites is transmitted via the tow lines into the NTS grounded system. Such technologies have been in use for decades.
In a next step we will be able to waive the ground cable by using drive units of modern energy supplying locomotive engines (still under development) but more efficient.
But for now, we are happy to invite you to our maiden kite fight and to actively keep you posted on our progress. Please subscribe to our Newsletter to get our news updates.